Park restrooms are closed from October 15th thru April 15th due to freezing weather.
Mt. View Park restrooms are closed indefinitely due to vandalism.

City Website | City Code Website | City GIS - Parcels and Valley View Cemetery


The City offers municipal water service in Yerington and a portion of the Mason Valley.

NDEP water system LY-0255-C

2020 Consumer Confidence Report

Customer Count Data and Areas

To sign up for water service visit City Hall at 14 E Goldfield Avenue or call 775-463-3511.

New Connect Information

New Connect Application

New Connect Fee Guide

City Fees Version 25

Sunset Hills Customers: The Sunset Hills portion of the City water system was installed in 2017. There is a discount available ($3,900) for qualifying new connections. This program ends in October 2021.

Current Discount List

Lyon County NV APN Lookup

Use the link below to lookup real property in Lyon County including the City of Yerington. This will help you find the APN (Assessors Parcel Number) for the property in question.

Lyon County APN Search

Note: Address numbers are assigned by the Mason Valley Fire Protection District. The Public Works Department needs the APN for your parcel to issue WILL SERVE and WILL NOT SERVE letters, not addresses.

Mason Valley Fire Protection District

Contact the fire department for questions about your address. All address numbers are issued by Chief Scott Draper. or 775-463-2261.

The Fire Department will conduct an inspection of all new businesses opened within the City of Yerington. The Public Works business license inspection can be completed at the same time. Contact Joel Brown at 775-463-3511 or to schedule inspections.

Animal Control

The Yerington Animal Shelter is staffed by volunteers. Call 775-463-6578 or visit the shelter behind the Public Works Yard on Trowbridge Road.

Dogs are available for adoption. All dogs brought into the shelter must spend 14 days in quarantine prior to being available for adoption.

Dogs from outside the City limits of Yerington must be taken to the Lyon County Animal Shelter in Silver Springs.


Please contact City Hall to schedule organized events at the parks.

Buck AiazziBaseball Field, Concession Stand, Lights
Littell ParkSmall Grass Area, Parking Lot
Mt. View ParkPicnic Area, Pond, Playground
Neil Herrin FieldBaseball Field, No Lights
Pat Peeples FieldSoftball Field, Concession Stand, Lights
Reviglio FieldT-Ball Field, No Lights
Tennis CourtsTwo Tennis Courts with Lights
Veterans ParkPlayground, Basketball Court, Restrooms
Soroptimist ParkPicnic Area, Restrooms

Ball Field Overview Map

Sewer and Stormdrains

The City offers municipal sewer service in Yerington and the Willow Creek GID in Lyon County.

NDEP Sewer System (Yerington)NS0040033
NDEP Sewer System (Willow Creek)NS0040039

To sign up for sewer service visit City Hall at 14 E Goldfield Avenue or call 775-463-3511.

New Connect Information - Sewer

Customers are responsible for the condition and function of their sewer lateral from their home or business to the sewer main in the street.


Yerington Zoning Guide

Zoning Map 2500'

Zoning Map 700'


Yerington Municipal Airport (NV O43) is a general aviation airport offering self serve AVGAS 100LL. Hangers may be leased from the City and tie downs are available.

AirNav - O43


The airport does not offer JET-A at this time. We have a small pilots lounge with a restroom. The City does not have a courtesy car available. McDonalds is within walking distance of the airport.


Public Works maintains both paved and unpaved roads in and out of the city limits. Public Works and the Lyon County Road Department have an agreement in place to share road responsibilities in the Mason Valley. See the map link below.

City Street Responsibility Map

City Limits Map

USA Notification Area

Parade Route Staging Areas

Parade Route - SLMC to City Hall

Building Department

Building Permit Application IBC2018

Building Department Information

Contact Joel Brown at 775-463-3511 for technical information. Inspections must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Email Joel at with questions.

Planning Commission

Contact Joel Brown at City Hall for information: or 775-463-3511. The Planning Commission meets monthly as needed to review the following applications:

  1. Parcel Maps
  2. Reversion to Acreage
  3. Subdivision Maps
  4. Master Plan Amendments
  5. Zoning Change Applications
  6. Special Use Permits
  7. Variance Applications